Women are much more organised when it comes to holiday planning than their male counterparts, a new survey shows. When asked about their passport, a massive one in three men didn’t know when their passport was due for renewal – and nearly one in five has booked a holiday without knowing if they were able to travel.
The survey – carried out by cruise agent Cruise118.com – shows that almost 20% of men booked their next holiday without knowing when their passport was due to expire, compared to just 5% of women who responded. Almost 35% of men don’t know when they need to renew, a figure that drops to 20% when it comes to women.
James Cole, managing director of Cruise118.com, said “With the current problems that the Passport Office is experiencing, we advise people to find out when they need their own passports to be renewed as soon as possible. With this being one of the busiest times for people booking cruises, the last thing you want is to be left unable to travel if your passport doesn’t arrive, especially as cruise lines require at least six months on any passport to allow passengers to board.”
Cruise118.com is part of the world’s largest cruise retailer, World Travel Holdings, and offers a unique Cruise Concierge service to help customers find their dream cruise holiday with over 18,000 cruises to choose from.
- 35% of men and 20% of women don’t know when their passport is due for renewal
- Combined, 25% of people don’t know when their passport is due for renewal
- 20% of men and 5% of women have booked their next holiday without knowing if their passport was valid
- Combined, 12% of people don’t know when their passport is due for renewal
- One in three people haven’t booked a holiday for 2014
- 62% of people think that the best time to renew a passport is between three and six months before they travel. 27% believe you should renew between six and 12 months, 8% think you should renew less than three months before travel, and 3% think you should renew more than a year before travel.
- Of the people who currently are waiting for their passport from the Passport Office, 100% believed you should renew less than six months before travel
If you need any more information on this survey or on Cruise118.com please feel free to contact Ian Lewis at email@example.com.