As part of the Royal Amplification, Allure of the Seas is set to undergo a $165 million investment to enhance the on-board facilities. From May 2020, the Royal Caribbean ship will re-emerge after her 58-day dry dock with a range of exciting enhancements across dining venues, family features and nightlife.
What will be on-board?
The newly amplified Allure of the Seas will offer new features such as the tallest slide at sea – the Ultimate Abyss; a completely redesigned Adventure Ocean kids and teen spaces and the first Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar. Full details are listed below:
- The ten-storey Ultimate Abyss
- The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides – Typhoon, Cyclone and Supercell
- Spashaway Bay Aquapark – featuring twin drench buckets, three waterslides, fountains, pools, water cannons and a Splash Pad for tots
- A reimagined pool deck, complete with the Lime & Coconut signature bar across two locations, a wider variety of seating and shade with cabana-like daybeds, hammocks and swing seats. The area will also include new whirlpools on the top deck and a reinvigorated, adults-only Solarium
- All-new Adventure Ocean, where younger kids can choose their own immersive adventures across an entirely new layout
- New teen spaces with a 360-degree transformation with a secret speakeasy-like entrance leading into an exclusive lounge with gaming consoles, music, movies, places to hang out and a new outdoor deck
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag in Clash for the Crystal City and Royal Escape Room, Apollo 18: Lunar Landing
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar – offering rustic dining with an enhanced menu of Italian staples including hand-tossed pizza, an expansive charcuterie station and a wide selection of wines and limoncellos
- Portside BBQ – enjoy popular barbecue styles including brisket, pulled pork, chicken, burnt ends, mac and cheese, homestyle cornbread and more
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade – perfect for game day parties watching sports on the big screen TVs and enjoying bar bites with a twist along with ice-cold brews
- El Loco Fresh – featuring casual Mexican street food
- Sugar Beach – the sweetest spot on board with more than 220 types of candy and ice cream
- Bionic Bar by Makr Shakr – manned by two robot bartenders shaking up classic cocktails and custom orders
- Music Hall – a Quantum Class favourite, this venue will take live music to the next level with revolving setlists and cover bands, ample lounge seating on two levels and room to rock out on the dance floor
- Spotlight Karaoke – the dedicated karaoke bar with both main stage and private room experiences will feature thousands of songs to choose from, music trivia and themed nights
There’s going to be plenty to see and do on-board Allure of the Seas once she joins the fleet in May 2020 with all of the above! Once she returns from her Royal Amplification, she will sail on a seven-night Western Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona, visiting must-see cities such as Palma de Mallorca, Florence, Rome and Naples.
Later in the year, Allure of the Seas will then head to the Caribbean for her winter season.
Would you love to set sail on this newly refurbished ship in 2020? Have you sailed on-board Allure of the Seas before? Let us know in the comments below!